Want to know more about Simple PC Help and how we can make your life easier? We've responded to our clients' most frequently asked questions on this page – but if your query isn't answered here, just contact us and we'll get back to you.
Why choose Simple PC Help?
- Convenience and flexibility: depending on the service you need, we offer collection at your home, home visits and remote support via the Internet just tell us what suits you best.
- Great value: our services are very competitively priced, starting from as little as £18, and our no fix, no fee guartantee means you don't have to pay us until we've solved your problem.
- Peace of mind: we will always agree the cost with you. so there are no nasty surprises and of course all our work carries a full guarantee.
- A single point of contact: you'll always deal with the same technician that you know and trust.
- Expertise: over 15 years' experience in the IT sector.
Simple PC Help is open 7 days a week. We're happy to help you between 9am-9pm Monday to Friday and 10am-8pm on Saturday and Sundays.
Of course you can always contact us outside those hours and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Who is Richard?
Richard has been working with technology for 20 years. He has a passion for technology, so he is always up to date with the latest developments and is quick to find out how they work and how they could go work so he is ready to put them right for his many clients.
He lives in Warminster with his wife and two children, and is a respected member of his local community thanks to friendly, approachable manner and willingness to help.
Which geographical area do we cover?
Simple PC Help is based in Warminster, and can provide home visits, collections and drop-offs in West Wiltshire within an 20 mile radius of Warminster, including Westbury, Trowbridge, Frome and surrounding areas. If you simple need remote help via the Internet, then of course we can cover any area, including customers as far away as New Zealand !
How do we protect your privacy and confidentiality?
At Simple Techie Solutions (Simple PC Help) we always give your privacy the utmost priority. If you give us any information about yourself, we will take every precaution to safeguard that information and make sure it stays private and confidential.
We are also bound by the Data Protection Act, which means that we will never share any information about you (including your name, your address or your email address) with any other individuals or organisations unless you give us permission.
However, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices of any other websites or software which are linked to our website.
We may sometimes send you emails about software updates or items for sale which we believe might interest you. If you don’t want to receive any of these emails, please click here to unsubscribe. You can also email us at any time if you want us to remove your details from our database or address book.
What should I know before using Remote Support?
For your protection
At Simple Techie Solutions, we will always take the greatest possible care when providing support for your computer. However, we can’t guarantee that this service will successfully solve your IT problems. It is also possible that the service may cause new problems which mean we have to visit you or take your computer away for repair or servicing. Simple Techie Solutions is not liable for any damage which may arise from a support session.
Naturally we will always treat all your information, data and passwords in absolute confidence.
Before the session starts
1. Be sure to back up all your files, applications and data. If any information is lost because the system hasn’t been backed up, Simple Techie Solutions cannot be held responsible.
2. Close any personal or confidential information on your screen, as our colleague will be able to see anything open on your desktop.
Please make sure you are happy with these conditions.
All our services, support and software, including our remote service, are provided ‘as seen’ and at your sole risk.
You are responsible for backing up your data and applications.
Simple Techie Solutions is not liable if your computer or software are damaged in any way as a result of a remote session.
Setting up your remote connection
In order to communicate with Simple Techie Solutions remotely via your computer, you will have to download a application to set up a secure connection. This is a very simple process and our colleague will talk you through every step.
Using TeamViewer software
At Simple Techie Solutions we use TeamViewer software for our remote support sessions. We have chosen this software because:
• It is totally secure and user-friendly. You are always in control and can stop the remote session whenever you want.
• It lets us diagnose and sort out your computer problems remotely.
• We can see and control your desktop effectively.
• It includes the ability to transfer files via FTP to or from Simple Techie Solutions.
• Its security is guaranteed because it uses secure data channels with key exchange and AES (256 Bit) session encoding, the same security standard used by HTTPS/SSL.
In order to start your first remote session, we will need to install TeamViewer in your computer. We will then be able to access your computer remotely at any time, but only if you give us the password and identity code. The TeamViewer system generates new numbers each time, so it would be impossible for any of our colleagues to remember them and get unauthorised access to your system.
Simple Techie Solutions is not liable if anyone else gains unauthorised access to your computer through the remote TeamViewer software. However, although technically other people could connect to your computer through TeamViewer, they would have to know the password and identifier code. Rest assured, our Simple Techie Solutions colleagues will never reveal your passwords or ID codes to anyone else.
If you want to uninstall the TeamViewer software at any time, contact us and we’ll talk you through the process.
When you are browsing websites on the internet, many of these websites store tiny text files called cookies on your computer, to help track your use of the site.
These cookies can be stored so that if you return to a website, that website server can call the information from the cookies stored on your computer to tailor your experience of the site.
No personal information is stored by Simple Techie Solutions.
Cookies are perfectly safe to be stored on your computer and almost all web browsers have cookie storing enabled as default. However, all browsers have the option of disabling cookies being stored on your computer if you wish to do this.
How can I pay?
We accept payment by cash, cheque and debit card (in person only). We can also arrange online transfers if you prefer.
Details on our guarantees & insurance?
All work carried out by Simple PC Help is guarantee for the period of 30 days and of course all new hardware purchases come with the manufacturers one year warranty.
We currently have comprehensive business insurance with Simple Business.